The Engineering Society offers a number of IT resources to member groups, to ensure that groups have the necessary tools to operate.
- FREE website hosting (supports PHP and MySQL, includes storage space)
- email hosting (email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org only, for now (we can assist in setting up email@example.com with external services until we have native support for that))
- secure media sign-outs (to ensure compliance with Information Security By-Law 20)
- network support for groups using EngSoc computing resources
- training for groups on information security, web presence, and account usage
If you are in need of assistance with EngSoc computing resources, are interested in EngSoc web space, or have other inquiries, send an email to .
The Director of Information Technology also sits on the Queen’s University Information Services and Technology Student Advisory Committee (ISAT-SAC). This committee advocates for student interests in university IT infrastructure changes. You can learn more about the committee, and read past minutes on the ISAT-SAC Wiki page
Director of Information Technology (See ‘Contact Us’ for current Director)