Engineering Frosh Week is a fun-filled week designed to introduce incoming Applied science students to the “renowned spirit and unrivalled excellence” that Queen’s engineering is known for. Throughout the week, first year students are introduced to the Queen’s campus, the Faculty of Applied Science, the Engineering Society, and the surrounding Kingston community in order to better prepare them for the years ahead. Skills and traditions are taught by the devoted Orientation Leaders (FRECs, i.e. Frosh Regulation Enforcement Committee) and the organizing committee (FREC Committee) through a variety of activities that test the endurance, teamwork, and enthusiasm of the incoming class. Eng Frosh Week is truly the most fun-filled week on campus and certainly not one you will want to miss!
Events such as Highland Games, Thundermugs, and the coveted Grease Pole are planned throughout the year and are entirely student organized. While all events are optional, we strongly suggest all Frosh attend and see what they are all about! Even if you choose not to participate, please come and watch so you can meet some great people. Each student will have exposure to a devoted group of FRECs, the EngSoc Executive, the Alma-Mater Society, Faculty, and the administration throughout the week. First year students take what they learn during Frosh week and apply it to the many diverse situations they will encounter in their post-secondary career.
Frosh Week 2014 Registration
FROSH! This is VERY important. If you don’t follow through with Frosh Week Registration you will not be allowed to participate.
- Activate your NetID.
- Go to my.queensu.ca and log in using your NetID.
- Once you have logged in, you may now access the registration page .
- Follow the instructions and fill out the information.
- After you have submitted the information, COPY DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER. You will need this confirmation number to register on Wednesday.
- Optional: Mail your name, email address, confirmation number and a cheque for $150 made out to:
The Engineering Society of Queen’s University
Beamish-Munro Hall, Rm 106
The cheque should be made out to the “Queen’s Engineering Society” and mailed prior to August 20th, 2014. EngSoc will send you a confirmation email upon receiving the cheque. YOU STILL MUST COME TO REGISTRATION!
- Bring your NetID, confirmation number and $150 cash or cheque made out to the Queen’s Engineering Society (unless mailed prior to August 20th) to registration on Wednesday.
For those of you who require financial aid, the bursary application can be found under “downloads” on the sidebar.